Terms and Conditions for Subscription
This agreement between the subscriber/customer and eCipher shall come into force from the date of commencement of service when the e-signature is activated for service after successful verification. The below terms and conditions will be equally applicable for all the subscribers using eCipher eSign solution.
- eCipher shall have the right to ask for supporting documents to verify subscriber / customer’s identity information and validate the same both physically and electronically. eCipher shall have the right to collect and verify subscriber /customer’s identification from government national database.
- Subscriber shall provide correct identity and address information during subscription of the service. Subscriber will be solely responsible if any false or incorrect information is furnished during registration.
- eCipher shall have the right to suspend or offer limited services for giving false information during registration and/or for not intimating eCipher of any material change in the given information subsequently.
- eCipher shall have the exclusive right and jurisdiction to determine the title and ownership of a signature after perusing the necessary documents relating to that signature and shall have the right to suspend the service/signature in question while determining the same. If any dispute arises regarding the ownership/title between two or more subscribers or claimants, the decision provided by eCipher in this regard shall be final and conclusive.
- If someone does not have NID card, he/she can purchase the service from eCipher using a valid passport.
- Foreign nationals/diplomats need to produce passport and the valid visa or work permit or any other permit (issued by concerned authority to stay in Bangladesh) for purchasing the service.
- eCipher reserves the right to reject any registration for eSign as it deems fit.
- eCipher shall reserve the right to share mobile number validation facility against NID or other ID information to government authority under prevailing rules and regulation. In such case, eCipher shall not disclose any personal information of valued subscriber/customer beyond legal requirement.
Quality of Services
- eCipher shall have the right to temporarily suspend the services in whole or some portion of its solution for its repair, maintenance, in compliance with government or regulatory requirement, and shall not be responsible for such disruption or suspension for circumstances beyond eCipher’s control including but not limited to tide, storm, cyclone, flood, lightning, earthquake, fire, blast, explosion or any other act of God, war, rebellion, revolution, pandemic, epidemic, insurrection, embargo or sanction, blockade, riot, civil commotion, labor action or unrest including strike, lock-out or boycott, interruption or failure of any utility service, act of terrorism or vandalism, sabotage, unanticipated technological or natural interference or intrusion, loss or damage to satellites, loss of satellite linkage or any other data communications linkage, loss of connectivity or any other irresistible force or compulsion or any adverse Government or regulatory intervention or order.
- eCipher shall strive to offer the best possible service quality. However, the quality, reliability and availability of service depends on various technical, physical, topological, atmospheric, environmental, regulatory, legal, and such other factors. eCipher shall not be liable or responsible for any defect/deficiency in the same.
Subscriber Privacy and Confidentiality
- eCipher is committed to ensure privacy and confidentiality of its valued subscribers. eCipher does not disclose subscriber’s confidential information to any party during the course of business. However, eCipher shall have the right to disclosure of or use customer’s information where the disclosure of the information is necessary for the purpose of detecting, preventing or investigating crime, where disclosure is deemed necessary by Controller of Certifying Authority (CCA) or other national security agencies and law enforcement agencies and disclosure is ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction or so provided by law.
- eCipher shall have the right to use subscriber information for the purpose of internal planning, provisioning and billing for services , facilitating interconnection , complaint investigation , supporting government in national emergencies or any other purpose approved by government.
Consequences of unlawful or fraudulent activities and harassment
- Subscriber shall not use the eSign or eCipher solution for the purpose of illegal termination, transaction or originating service. In the case of any such misuse is detected by eCipher or reported by regulatory authority, the service will be immediately disconnected, and appropriate legal action will be taken according to the law of the land.
- In case of any signature detected and barred for using illegal activities or origination purpose, customer will not be eligible to get refund/compensation for any unusual circumstances.
- Subscriber has to start using the eSign after purchasing the service. eCipher reserves the right to temporarily discontinue or offer limited service in case the service remains unused for some period after acquisition.
- Subscriber will be solely responsible for all the activities and usage of the eSign with his valid registration process.
- The Subscriber warrants not to use the service(s) or eSign solution for any unlawful or abusive purposes, any kind of fraudulent activities or for sending obscene, indecent, threatening, harassing, unsolicited message or messages adversely affecting/ infringing upon national, social or economic interest, religious harmony nor create any damage or risk to eCipher or solution and/or other subscribers/customers. eCipher shall not bear any responsibility nor shall it be liable in any manner whatsoever for or in connection with any of the mentioned activities as well as any fraud committed using any of the services of eCipher by any person at any time. Owner of the e-signature will be solely liable for such activities using the signature registered under his name, NID and information. eCipher reserves the right to deactivate any such subscriber immediately and without prior notification.
- eCipher shall not bear any responsibility nor shall it be liable in any manner whatsoever in connection with disseminating any kind of anti-state communication or any such communication using any of the services of eCipher by any person at any time that might disturb socio-cultural , political or religious harmony of the society or incite disharmony therein. Owner of the signature will be solely liable for such activities using the signature registered under his name, NID and information. eCipher reserves the right to disconnect such connection immediately and take action according to the law of land including disclosure of identity and usage information to the competent authority.
eCipher shall reserve the right to communicate its offers and service related communication and/or message to its subscribers/customers, whatsoever as it may deem necessary in order to keep its subscribers /customers updated from time to time.
- In case of any discrepancies related to billing, charging, value added service etc. from eCipher authorized channels, subscribers/customers must raise dispute to eCipher’s concerned channels within 30 days of receiving bill or from the date of such incidents experienced by the subscriber. eCipher will not be bound to cater any such disputes otherwise.
- eCipher provides certain self-service options and applications to serve subscribers/customers with one time password (OTP) verification. Customers need to secure their own information by not sharing one time password (OTP) from their end. Customer shall bear all consequences for sharing any personal information, one time password (OTP) and as such other to person/ party/association.
- eCipher reserves the right to discontinue any free of charge (FOC) campaign.
- eCipher reserves the right to change the office timing as per government instruction or any unavoidable situation.
- eCipher reserves the right to determine availability of outdoor service based on the availability of resources, work force and over all safety situation.
- eCipher reserves the right to block spammers, abusers on its social media and other digital & non-digital channels. eCipher also reserves the right to block/manage otherwise customers displaying unwarranted violence in speech and body language, indecency or humiliating approach.
- eCipher shall decide and determine where to response and take appropriate measures based on the content and comments published on third party blogs and forums.
- eCipher may have a funny, interesting, entertaining & helpful approach on its digital service channels, chatbots etc. This approach is only to delight and entertain the customers. eCipher will not be liable if such approach is within the parameters of the law, but is found objectionable by individuals of extraordinary and subjective sensitivity.
- eCipher shall use artificial intelligence (AI) on its many digital assets, such as chatbots and website, and may ask for customers’ personal information through it for profiling and enabling transactions.
- eCipher shall ensure proper and desired customer service quality to the customer unless there are certain incidental issues dependent on various technical, environmental, regulatory and such other factors to ensure quality. In the case of an incidental issue, eCipher will ensure committed service within the defined turn-around time.
- In case for eSign bar or unbar issue, a customer must be verified by sharing their registration information.
- eCipher shall have the right to block customer service access in case of subscribers/customers engaged in any unethical behavior or fraudulent activity.
- Customers have the right to contact any of the customer service channels whenever they have any valid query, complaint, and request, ensuring the basic norms and manners of communication.
- eCipher is not liable if customer is not receiving one-time password (OTP) or SMS.
Additional terms and conditions relating to subscription:
- eCipher shall have the right, upon notice, to discontinue, suspend or bar the provision of the services to the subscriber if the total charges cross the total limit at any time.
- eCipher shall have the right to discontinue, suspend or bar the provision of the services to the subscriber/customer if the monthly-billed invoice remains unpaid more than one month irrespective of available limit, despite due notice.
- eCipher shall have the right to adjust security deposit with bill if subscriber/customer fail to clear more than six months invoices.
- Any complaints regarding billing must be communicated to eCipher within thirty (30) days of respective bill generation, otherwise, the questioned bill shall be deemed correct.
- The bill due date for payment by customers shall not be more than one (1) month from the statement date.
- eCipher shall have the right to change the modality of customer existing package after notifying subscriber.
- eCipher shall have the right to send monthly invoice in any form either hard copy or electronic bill copy or through SMS or any medium appropriate to the customers and or based on their choice subject to availability of the service.
- The subscriber shall promptly pay all amounts due to eCipher in accordance to eCipher’s payment policy notwithstanding that the subscriber/customer may not have received the official bill for payment at the appropriate time for any reason.
- The subscriber shall pay the bill in the form of bank deposit or cash deposit at any eCipher nominated bank in full as required by eCipher. No other person or entity is responsible to pay the subscribers/customers bill.
Termination of this agreement and consequences:
- This agreement will be terminated at once the service becomes deactivated by the request of subscriber/ customer or appropriate authority of government or eCipher for any valid reason.
- eCipher shall reserve the right to preserve subscriber/ customer’s particulars information till the period required to comply the prevailing regulatory guideline and can share with competent authority designated by law of land.
Subscribers with Disability
We are in continuous endeavor of offering equal accessibility to the products and services of eCipher for the people who are differently able and may need more attention to serve.
- eCipher shall have the right to amend the terms and conditions of the agreement in compliance with law and regulatory requirement when required.
- eCipher reserves the right to change, vary, add, substitute or withdraw the service. eCipher shall have the right to change/vary/increase/reduce the prices, validity periods, package plans and any other offers at any time on its sole discretion for any reason subject to official notification prior to implementation of such changes.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this contract, any information brochure, notification of any other matter which will be published by eCipher regarding its services, service price, billing policy shall be included as the terms and conditions of the contract and both eCipher and its subscriber shall be under obligation of the same.
- Responsibilities of eCipher are explicitly stated in this agreement as above and eCipher takes no other responsibilities besides these.
- The laws of Bangladesh shall be applicable upon the subscriber/customer in availing the eSign service from eCipher in particular, Bangladesh ICT Act. 2006 as amended from time to time and also the rules, regulations, guidelines and instructions emanate from the CCA, ICT Division, Government of Bangladesh from time to time.
- The terms and conditions stated hereinabove shall be applicable for all the subscribers/customers of eCipher, therefore all the subscribers/customers of eCipher being the users of the brands of eCipher shall also adhere to the above-mentioned terms and conditions.
- If any section of the above procedure contradicts with the CCA, ICT Division’s guideline on the relevant subject, then the CCA, ICT Division’s guideline will prevail.